Happy Week

Leave a Comment
Lots of good things happened this week and happen every week actually. The days are coming close and it's  with mixed feelings. I got mom's letter in the package this week and was touched by her "final days in the mission" journal entries. I read how heartbroken she was to close that chapter of her life and leave her mission. I still have a while to go but I know how she felt. Thank you for everyone else's sweet letters in the package. They were all so fun to read, especially from the nieces sharing with me  their love lives. Haha 

Because Sister Quijada and I are sometimes working with other sisters in our area, some of our investigators haven't seen us together. They always see us with different companions. One of our investigators told me that she's decided to take the discussions with the other missionaries, the sister from cagayan de oro (sister quijada) so she dropped me for my companion. Hehe... I tried to explain to her that we are companions, but obviously it doesnt make sense and she wants to just wait for the other sisters to come to her house. 

ELDER QUINTIN COOK came to our mission this week. He came and did like a mission wide conference. It was an AMAZING conference. He left a bunch of blessings on us and our mission and inspiring messages about the work. Mostly about connecting with the spirit and connecting with the people so that you are teaching individually and specifically to the people. It was just what I needed and made me so unbelievably grateful to be a part of this work. Wish it was lasting longer and wasn't going by so quick. 

The GUIEB family got baptized on Saturday. Brother Andy and Sister Anabelle and two of their children, John Mark and Joan all were so excited and happy for their special day. I stood in the font on the steps this time, so we could watch their faces when they got up and help them get in and out. It's more fun that way, because they all came out with BIG smiles on their face and a big sigh, probably cuz the water was really cold, but the smiles were because they were really happy. We were really happy too because this family is so blessed to have been all prepared at the same time. Next goal: TEMPLE 

It was my beautiful companion's birthday. Right when she woke up and went to join united prayer, we poured flour on her, and then had a tarpaulin (like what Sister Bomediano did for me) and had everything set up for her. she was a good sport and wasn't even mad that she woke up with flour being poured on her. I have a new policy that I have learned from Filipinos: No Celebration should ever go uncelebrated. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.