Happy Thanksgiving!

Leave a Comment
Dear Everyone,

Love you and miss you. Got all your Christmas packages this week. I was so happy! Thank you so much for everything that you sent. The camera is a million times better than the old one. I gave the old camera to the Biador family here in the ward.  They were pretty excited about it so I was happy to let them have it. I hope that is okay with you guys. How was Thanksgiving? It was kind of tough knowing that a holiday was happening and I wasn’t there, but I tried not to think about it too much.  The Philippines started celebrating Christmas in September.  But now it’s getting real. They are so funny.  Any excuse to celebrate and take a day off of work, they take it. There are always like 3 holidays a month. They carol here, and then you give them money. It also doesn’t feel like Christmas because it’s also blistering hot.  But I now know what the real meaning of Christmas is, and I have never felt closer to my Savior. The first presidency came out with the message and video, " a Savior is Born" and we are using that theme in contacting people. It is effective especially for filipinos who love Jesus so much. We are simply inviting them to discover why He was born. Literally from the moment He was born, He lived an extraordinary, selfless life.  Everything He did was for our Salvation.  We invite them to see the whole effect of Jesus Christ in their lives and really how they can make Him their everything. This is a VERY rewarding experience. This week was difficult. Our investigators are not progressing. Looks like we won’t have any baptisms this transfer… However, I know that as long as I am truly doing my best, Heavenly Father will be pleased with my work.  I am really so happy and grateful to be serving Him.  I don’t want it to end.  TIme has flown so fast, almost 6 months now and time is only gonna go faster. 
Thank you for everything. I can’t wait to talk to you guys Christmas Day. Prepare yourself… I'll probably cry too. But it will be a happy call. I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH and miss you.  

Give everyone my love. 

Sister Gentry

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.