Pilapinas hEre I CoME!!!!

Leave a Comment

PAMILYA KO,
I love love love you all sobra much. How is everyone???
I am great. Thank you. Leaving for the Philippines in 4 days. SO thats cool. Actually I am really excited and not that nervous. Which is extremely out of the ordinary for me.. I am gonna miss the MTC actually a little bit, gonna miss my teachers and miss my district a whole lot. It has been an amazing experience and I know the field is gonna be even better. I have given up on being worried about tagalog. I memorized the first vision, can bear a simple testimony, and say a prayer, so we are gonna pretend that that is gonna work for me...


The week has of course, gone by REALLY Fast!!! This week's spiritual experience is about the scriptures. THis week we have studied a lot about the Book of Mormon and how important it is. We looked at patterns in the scriptures of prophets praying and pleading for God to preserve these records, and He did. There are so many miracles that are involved in the preserving of the record and now we are fortunate enough to have a copy at our convenience. (watch this movie on lds.org: "Legacy: the scriptures") There is such power in the scriptures. This week I was reading in ALma 26:35-36 where ammon is boasting in the Lord because he is filled with immense gratitude for the gospel and for God. He says, "yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding;he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful being, even unto Salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. vs 36- Now if this is boasting, even so I will boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo..." and I was so grateful that I have these words from God. I was so grateful that I have this gospel in my Life. I am filled with so much gratitude that I cant wait to spend the next 18 months boasting in the Lord, of His power and of His love and of His gospel. Now I am gonna invite everyone to do something (because missionaries LOVE commitments :)))) I just want to encourage everyone to read the scriptures everyday for just like 10 minutes. Do it personally, set time aside and just pour your heart out into the scriptures. As you read, think about why these words were preserved and how can they answer a question or a concern of yours. Ask yourself, "What is my Father in Heaven saying to me in these scriptures?" I cannot adequately express how important it is to read the words of God, it is a simple act that I can testify will change your life. Read as a family, read on your own, however you do it, it will change your life. And if you do take on the challenge, Id LOVE to hear about what it has done for you and your experience. I wish I had more time to adequately express how I feel about the scriptures. My heart swells when I read. I cannot verbally share what it has done for me, but I know it will do that same for everyone else. Pour your heart out to the scriptures, show your gratitude for its teachings, come closer to God by abiding by its teachings.


I really really really love you all! I might be able to spend some more time emailing on wednesday. But if not, I'll write again from the Philippines. MUCH LOVE
MAhal kITa!!!
Sister Gentry



"ELDERs in my district. We play district volleyball 2 times a week and they have become very cocky in their ability." 


"This is when I wacked myself with my lanyard and the key cut my head open.... #winning" 




"Sister Strohn and I getting pumped for the Philippines, And of course, the weekly selfie." 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.